It has been a busy few weeks and I have neglected my blog posts. While I sort out all the ideas swirling around in my head and transform them into useful information for my readers I will give you a taste of some of the projects I’ve been doing recently.
I love putting up these sorts of posts because the most frequent question I get from new customers is “Do you do that?” More often than not the task they ask for is something I do!
Here’s a sample of how diverse my work can be sometimes:
- Painted a room and window trim at a bridal shop. During this job I decided to replace the phrase ‘Bull in a china shop’ with ‘Painter in a bridal shop’ to indicate awkward and potentially dangerous scenario….wedding dresses are so….FLUFFY!! No harm came to any during my work, but it made me nervous to be sure!
- Replaced a kitchen garbage disposal (the one I removed was Montgomery Ward brand, remember them?).
- Helped someone finish moving out of storage.
- Helped someone finish moving into storage.
- Took large donations to Habitat for Humanity’s Restore location in Gardena, CA.
- Took small donations to Goodwill.
- Stripped old stain off hot tub. Re stained freshly stripped hot tub.
- Helped transplant orchids, which I had never done before and had the pleasure of my customer being the one to show me what to do!
- Provided set up assistance to vendors attending event put on by South Bay Woman Magazine.
- Planted spring flowers in pots on patio.
- Re hung sign in lobby of massage studio in Redondo Beach.
- Located, picked up, delivered and installed fitness equipment for home practice space.
- Installed string lights for outdoor seating area.
- Sold old sports equipment on Craigslist.
- Replaced tub spout that was no longer diverting water to shower head.
- Laid 15 bags of landscape rock.
- Pruned roses.
- Repaired section of carpet bordering tile that was pulling up.
- Un-clogged kitchen drain under sink (although the problem remained in the main line so I referred to a plumber for the rest of the work).
- Started experimenting with making my own shower cleaner using vinegar and dish soap instead of bleach based products, results are pretty good so far.
- Installed new light switch.
- Currently doing patch repair on stairwell railing that was damaged.